pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Promises - are meant to be broken???

Bismillah

If there is one weakness in me, it is to keep promises. Just like the other day when a few of my friends invited me to go cycling at Pulau Ubin, i promised them that i can join them. But as it is, i overslept on the day we were going. I mean, i really wanted to go. I knew my mother was against the idea, but i was willing to coax her into letting me go. But as i said, i overslept. We were supposed to meet at 8am at Simei, but i woke up at 7.30am.

It may seemed that i intentionally did not try to get up early. Purposely forgot that i made some promise.

I know it's not my first time. Surely there must be other instances that i did the same too even if i did forget that i've done it.

I'm scared of people's assumptions they make out from this..and especially from those who are dear to me. Assumptions that i'm unreliable, and a gone-case in terms of promises.

To keep a promise is a virtuous act. I'll try my best to do so. What good is there acting all goody-goody when in fact i hurt the hearts of others?

Wallahu a'lam

No comments: