pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Friday, February 10, 2012

do good anywhere

Bismillah

Today, a girl in the bus caught my eyes. She was a normal-looking girl but her face emits nur. I had to admit, I was mesmerized. She preaches good deeds, not by words, but by mere personality.

This reminds me that as a Muslim, we have to portray our best whenever and wherever we are. Because Islam is a beautiful religion and we want everyone to see its beauty.

I remembered once a Muslim sister asked me where did I buy my jubah. I went out that day without even thinking that people will be looking. Alhamdulillah, my modest choice of clothing had perked a person's interest.

People might say bad things about you, they might have negative perceptions when you start doing good things. But that should not be the reason why we won't do it. Being shy should not be the reason too. If we want a good society, we have to start by being good individuals first. One good deed we do will inspire others to extend another good deed to someone else. Like a saying I remembered by Enid Blyton in one of her books, 'One good turn deserves another'.

So let's all start today. Choose one good deed you would like to practice then keep on doing it every day. InsyaAllah, it will be easier as the days go by and you will feel much happier too~

p/s: I chose to start giving salam to Muslim taxi drivers :)

2 comments:

ف.ر. said...

Remember this?

Inna Allah jameel, Yuhibbu jamaal.

Sadaqa Rasulullah shallahu 'alaihi wa sallam.

Btw Ukhti, it is a Hadith right?

:)

Fa

Nawal Insyirah said...

yup.. ingat2..
dalil yang ditulis dalam kertas seni dalam Islam.. :)

hmm.. kita tak pasti pula..
jom sama2 cari.. :)