pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Thursday, January 29, 2009

nude parade

Bismillah

I guess many would be shocked with the title above, just as i was. This happened in Singapore, my homeland. I really can't believe that this happened here, especially since Singapore is still considered as a conservative cosmopolitan city.

Please click the link to read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090128/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_singapore_naked_2

I don't understand why some people like to deviate from the norms. Being nude in public is not something great. Clearly, i suppose, those people who did that have some conflicts within themselves.

Yet, those who saw considered the act as a 'free show'. Where have all the shame go? Being the doer is one thing, but being a spectator, and clearly enjoying the moment...i felt ashamed just by reading. And one person's comment made my heart stopped beating (momentarily).

Honestly, the person said
"Singapore is getting more and more exciting." Exciting? I don't think so. How can i be proud of my homeland when things like this is happening?

I really wanted to islamisise Singapore, at least within the community. But i felt, the more i wanted to do, the more barriers are coming my way. My community is being tainted, and i'm still struggling to make changes.

What with IR coming, i'm not sure if conservativeness will still be practiced here. I just hope i'll not live to see the day when social destruction occurs. When Singapore decides it will be just like the Westerners.

Allahu Yuhafizuna...

No comments: