pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

white lies

Bismillah

Where can we find a truly truthful person in this world who has NEVER EVER tell a lie? Almost impossible, isn't it? But is it okay to tell a lie, albeit a white lie?

I've seen this habit practiced numerous times by people close to me. It makes me wonder, is it so hard to just tell a person the hard truths? Let's see the situations below:

Situation 1:
You don't want to go to out with your friends so you said you have a family gathering that day. You tell her that so you wouldn't make her feel hurt with the truth and so you won't feel guilty because it's normal family comes first before friends.

Situation 2:
You feel tired and wanted to go back home but your friends wouldn't let you go that easily. So you fake a phone call, then telling them it's from your mother and it's an emergency situation you have to attend to.

and many other situations (which I think many of us are too familiar with)

I don't think an occasional lie is okay. And I don't think that a white lie is permissible in situations described above. Not unless your life is at stake.

A 1000 white lies will eventually create a person to be a liar. A liar will be hard to trust. Na'uzubillah.

Just remember this, a lie to an individual is just the same as lying to Allah. Only worse, because you deprive a person from the truth, and if he doesn't redha this, you are in trouble.. May Allah keep us safe~

Amiin..

No comments: