pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

root out

Bismillah

I have this one bad grooming habit but I justify my actions by saying it's for the better. (It does not really)

Apart from my bad habit, there are other grooming habits that are actually good for us like clipping our nails, washing up, brushing our teeth and etc etc..

But why are we doing all this?

Because we want to get rid of all the un-nice things from our bodies. We want to look our best. (read: if we have a bad intention, we want people to be in awe at our looks - that is to boost our ego - which is NOT GOOD!!)

So why not we make it a habit for our ruh as well..

If we want to look our best, be our best, appear the best in our worldly matters, we should do the same for our akhirah affairs.

To have a squeaky clean soul, we have to get rid of all our bad habits, and especially the heart diseases. Just like in the hadith (aw kama qal): "There's a piece of meat in every person. If it is good, then the whole body is good. If it is bad, then the whole body is bad. Verily the piece of meat is the heart"

You cannot be a bad person as well as good. True, there are two sides of a coin (and two sides in a person). BUT, that does not mean that we should welcome the bad side of ours, but take it as this: The bad side of us is present to keep us in line. (contradictory much, I know)

To complement the 'grooming regime', we must also have our 'beauty regime' as well. We rid of all our bad deeds by complementing them with good deeds. For example, we delay in our prayers so try to complement it by reading al-Quran afterwards or do any Sunnah. (reminder for me too!)

I know how simply I put it, but to exercise it is a tough job. But don't be discouraged because nothing is simple in this life. There was once a time we didn't know how to count either (credits: HH)

I'm sure if we have a pure intention & strive for the best in Allah's eyes, things will be much much much more easier.. insyaAllah, amiin~

:)

No comments: