pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Friday, September 9, 2011

the grass is always greener on the other side

Bismillah

It was already Maghrib and I was still in front of my laptop. I already heard the call for prayer and was ready to perform my ablution, but since the bathroom was still in use, I decided to stay online for a while. Then came an instant message from a friend, reminding me that it's time for solat. And I gladly thanked him for the reminder.

Sounds normal, right? So, what is the significance of the above story?

Because, if it is a situation where my mother was the one who reminded me, I would not have done the same. Most probably, i'll say: "Ala.. orang tahu la.. tak yah ingatkan".

See the difference?

But why does this difference occur? Why is it that we tend to listen to our peers more than we listen to our dear family members?

It's because we take them for granted. We under-appreciate what they have done for us. We do not take time to consider their good intentions & deeds.

Like my teacher used to tell me, "The grass is always greener on the other side"

No comments: