pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

never assume

Bismillah

Alhamdulillah, I arrived Singapore safely this afternoon, even though I was verryyyy tired from bringing FOUR heavy bags with me. As I was planning to stay for a while, I brought many things back home.

My sister was not available to take me home from Larkin, as she usually does, so we planned to meet up on the bus. In the end, we didn't get to meet each other on the bus, but at the ground floor.

Before that, I called home to ask my mother to prepare some cash to pay for the taxi fare. I was planning to take a taxi home as I was too tired to take the bus. She did not answer my calls so I assumed she must have been praying at that time.

True enough. I told her (a bit manjaly) that she did not answer my phone calls. My mother told me she was praying. It should have ended there. But then, my mother chided me because I also did not answer her calls. I told my mother I did not receive any calls. There were no miss calls' notifications on any of my phones. The conversation was mixed with a bit of raised voices and unpleasant exchanges.

My coming home was a little bit marred by the misunderstandings and bad assumptions that we made of each other.

If I have been more considerate and patient in my speech, things would have been better.


1 comment:

ف.ر. said...

hehe..kiut :)

ahlan wa sahlan wa marhaban ila Temasek.

fa