pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the power of du'a

Bismillah

A few days ago I was busy thinking how to tell my mother about a certain something. Tonight though, i'll be busy figuring out ways to approach my mother who is in a sulky mood. Huu~

Let's just rewind a bit.

My mother has always told me that I should not be involved in any romantic relationships while i'm still at school. The same goes when i first stepped into university life. For four years, i have to abstain myself. (alhamdulillah i have Allah to keep me at bay) Sure, my heart sometimes wandered to another's, but i'm able to not let the feelings take over my rationale, alhamdulillah.

But since i'm already out of school and university, this is a good time to find a partner to settle down with, especially since many of my peers are ending their single lives this year.

Alhamdulillah, a brother came and ask if it is possible for his parents to meet me. It's not an official request for marriage, but it gives me some hope. But then, i still have to face my mother. I was not sure how to address the situation because the topic is considered a close affair in my family. We have never discussed about this openly before, and to be the first one presenting the 'case' was quite nerve-wrecking. My friends advised me to seek help from Allah, so that whatever i'm going to say will be smooth and my mother's heart will soften.

I cannot deny that. Du'a really does wonders. It turned out that my mother started the conversation first and alhamdulillah, she was open to it (especially the part about having a new family member from overseas, insyaAllah)

Now, i'll be waiting (and preparing) for the day to meet his parents. And there'll be a special du'a for that occasion too.. ^^

p/s: and now, i'll pray that my mother will be okay tomorrow morning. it's really not a good start when your mother is not 'befriending' you (especially since you are going far away)
p/p/s: the power of du'a comes from the Divine Lord.. and my du'as were heard because He wills it.. :)

1 comment:

ف.ر. said...

Salam,
ya Ukhti kareemah,
i have two words to say,

*head down. eyes close. heart open*

Allahu Akbar!

Fa