pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Thursday, January 14, 2010

protected

Bismillah

Missing my mum, hence this post came about.

Over the holidays, I noticed that my whereabouts (and the time) were constantly being monitored. I felt that somehow i'm much more protected than I used to be when I was a teenager. Not that it's not a good thing. It's really great of my mum to take care of me to such lengths. But as usual the other side of me remains defiant.

I think my mum needs to feel secure that her daughters are well taken care of. My sister is far away in a distant country, and I rarely go back except for holidays, so when i'm home, she really uses the opportunity to exercise motherly actions (read: affection) over me.

I'm really glad that I was brought up to be a lady. Allah s.w.t has helped my mother to cope through the rough times when my father wasn't here. I know it's hard for a single parent to bring up her children without a father figure in their lives, but my mother has managed to pull through the trials she had to put up with, with Allah's s.w.t help, alhamdulillah.

So I don't really mind (most of the time) to be protected even though i'm legally an adult right now.

:)

No comments: