pathway

pathway
Berjalan Mencari Makna dalam Hidup

al-mahbub

  • Allah & His Messenger
  • my family
  • mereka yang menyayangi saya :))
  • babies and toddlers
  • my course
  • my late cat :(

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the human age

Bismillah

While i was walking to the supermarket just now, i imagined meeting my ustaz along the way. My ustaz lives just a few blocks away from me, and i used to meet him quite frequently at around that time, most probably that is the time he is coming home from school/work.

What i really imagined was, my ustaz is surely getting older as i am. I mean, when i left school, i was only 17 years old, and now i'm close to 22 years. My ustaz probably was in his early 30s, and now maybe he is in his late 30s. In a span of 5 years, i left my teenage years, and has entered adulthood. (Sure, it's hard to swallow the fact but that is the truth.). Whereas my ustaz is still is in his 30s.

Which makes me think... Youth left us really early.


A child is two. Just learnt h
ow to walk and talk. Give it five more years, and she is already in primary school.


A little girl of nine will bloom into a little lady of 14.


An energetic and happy go lucky youth of 16 is now a young man just entering adulthood, full of responsibilities.


All these in only 5 years.

However, as we get older, these 5 years seem shorter. A 40 year old man is going to be a 45 year old man. No major changes will happen. Sure, mentally better or more experiences, but no apparent physical changes.

Youth left us early, and age is catching up fast.


This is the time to reflect what we have done all our lives. The good and the bad. Whatever good we have done, keep continue to do it, and be better each time. As for the bad, repent and feel remorse over it and discontinue from the act. Keep your faith in Allah, for Allah is the ever-fulfilling, ever-forgiving.


By the way, another mathematical statement. If you are 16 and your mother 32, she is double your age. 10 years later, you are 26 and your mother 42. She is less than double your age. Why does it not double? Think...


Wallahu 'ala wa 'alam...


p/s: the mathematical statement is not much to think about really. Just logic. :D


No comments: